Friday, January 7, 2011

It's about time I started blogging again, don't you think?

Well, its been quite awhile since I've hit the old Blogger.  I've been relying on facebook quite a bit because its quicker and I don't need to put much thought into it.  Here is a quick recap on the last five months.
1. I quit work to stay at home again.  It was a good choice, its much less stress and thankfully I'm finding enough to keep me busy so I'm not going stir crazy.
2. I opened an Etsy store called Alexis Brooke Lane.  It's been slow going trying to focus on adding inventory and crafting with the girls at home too, but it's up and running!  I'm hoping to really pour into it this fall when Lexi goes to kindergarten.  Check it out, I made my first sale on New Years Day and have lots of people add me to their favorites and an item has been featured in a treasury already!
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexisBrookeLane









3. It seems the girls are finally starting to blossom into little girls - I know everything Brooke is saying and she and Lexi play nicely together.....for the most part....which brings me to this week....

A few days ago Lexi cut Brooke's already crazy static electric mullet with scrapbook scissors.





















I tried to fix it, but its pretty chunky for now.  Oh well, hair grows back.

Then, this evening, Weve was taking a nap and I was on the computer researching something and I heard the girls in Lexi's room.  They were talking and I assumed playing nicely until I heard a big squirt - the kind you hear when the ketchup bottle is just about empty.  uh oh.
I ran up the steps, skipping every three or so, and this is what awaited me:


















Mattress off the bed (who knew they were that strong?!?)
Self tanner all over their hair (we'll find out if they look like oompa loompas in the morning I guess)
Conditioner emptied out in various pudding-like puddles all over the place
The piggy bank was coated in all kinds of various substances, which seeped onto the money inside....at least its not dirty money now!

I called for Weve to bring the camera - what a rude awakening for him!

Here's hoping for a less messy next few days :)

3 comments:

  1. I guess the most important thing is...Brooke trusts her hairdresser to give her a new style! LOL

    I can remember them days...and I can honestly say..."It is funnier from the outside looking in!"...thanks for the chuckle!

    You have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh hilarious!!! I love the pics to go along with your comments!! Now off to check out your Etsy store!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love em ! A friend of mine had a saying, "dont get mad, take a picture ! So it sounds like you handled it well. Looking forward to your blog, and I also checked out your Etsy... it's great ! I can't wait to see what you'll be adding. Love you all ! Aunt Bev.

    ReplyDelete