Friday, January 14, 2011

Lexi's first book, crafting curly korker bows and testing candle line for Etsy

The girls got some kind of bug last night which actually made them calm and subdued and they just peacefully looked at books on the couch all day.  I am blessed with children who are better behaved when they're sick then when they're well!  I took to the couch with them and my laptop and listed some items in my Etsy Shop shop.  Then we practiced making some winter/Valentine's day korker bows.  They turned out great, and Lexi had a good time wrapping the ribbons.




Lexi also read her first book today all by herself!  I am so proud of her, then she read a few more - her confidence was going pretty strong and I think she's willing to try some harder stuff soon!  We wrote the date and her name in the book and put it with her baby book stuff.  


I can't believe how fast they grow up.  
We also have been busy testing a new candle product line for Alexis Brooke Lane, so far so good - the candles are burning evenly and are long lasting.  The shop is really taking off, I've had about 4 or 5 sales the past 2 days, multiple additions to treasuries and favorite items and a request for a custom bulk order of book bundles for a wedding in August!  I haven't even begun to promote it other than to family & friends on Facebook, so this is excited and unexpected!  

No comments:

Post a Comment